Justin has a job now and he is getting around the property more. Chef showed him these "back woods" trails the other day. Justin then took Jordan around the trails later on on the golf cart. I told Justin I'm not sure it was a good idea because now Jordan just wants to be back there checking in on the wild life that lives there... and let me tell you there is plenty!
The excitement was high as Jordan directed me to the "Back Woods" as I drove the golf cart around the lakes on these trails today! The Little's were AMAZED at the enormous and numerous amount of iguanas that we saw!! Hundreds of them I'm sure! Crocodile heaven to!! I never wanted to stop the cart for to long.!! We saw them "logs" floating in the water and we saw the beds they had made along the banks!
The birds were beautiful back there! It was a great time of exploring nature today just before we did our usual afternoon of beach after school recess...:)
Jordan said "This reminds me of Smuck-a-Buck camp!" It really did feel like we were in another climate just out behind the MBV property! I really have no idea if we were to be exploring here but the gate was open so off we went!...:) Jordan thrives on anything wildlife!! I'm telling him to never come back here without me and I hope he listens because it for real is the crocodiles habitat!! If not for them these would really be LOVELY running trails!!
Mahogony Bay from the back side... Check out that sky!
We went to the beach after this outing but we didn't last ten minutes because tis came our way!...
The sky changes so fast here! We had a beautiful true blue morning and the temps were just perfect after yesterdays cold front moved in. But the winds just blow in the clouds so fast and so soon that perfect blue gets snuffed out! It didn't actually amount to much then and after a few sprinkles it was over but we never did get back out, it's just a bit chilly when the sun dissappears.
The Little's enjoyed cereal on the back porch after school today... (Thanks to Reuben and Marilyn for leaving us your leftover snacks...:))
Justin was working on property again today. He is picking up bags and bags of trash and he is squatting most of the day yet he still comes home and does his "insanity workout" yet! He is happy to have something to do during the day and this job will make his transition to work back home a bit easier...:)
Jordan took the Little's to Steve and Jill fishing this afternoon to. Dane has a new casting net they are having fun with and they even caught a baby sting ray in the net!... They came home just in time for sandwiches for supper and they already made plans for more fishing tomorrow!
I'm often so thankful for Steve, Jill and there four children!! They have become like our family in Belize. The kids are enjoying this winter getting to know each other!
Kombucha bottling day... Was it the last one? I've made more but I'm not sure why because with Dave gone this week I'm sure we would have enough to last until we leave for home. It just feels like a waste to throw out these great looking starter cultures so I'm hoping to hand them off or try to bring them home.
Dave left today. He will enjoy tons of education on the "Investors Summit at Sea" with the Real Estate Guys! He wasn't even sure where all the cruise ship was making its stops! He knew Grand Cayman and Jamaica but he didn't know where else. He is on the boat most times anyway and he hates to miss the classes. He does get more relaxed though the more often he does this trip and since he has already learned much of it he does skip more class time then he did on his first year on this trip!
They have lots of great speakers on the boat this week and many are mentors of Dave's. He has come to appreciate these people and many of them have changed his life in a positive way. He just loves people and meeting new friends is something that he does well. I know this trip will be the highlight of his winter as it always is. He comes back with his brain full and on overload! He does so well with remembering, applying and using what he learns on this trip in the months and years ahead! He uses his education to help others and he just loves every minute of this!
We will miss you Hon. Enjoy your time of education!
I'm tired... Justin and I are the only ones still up. He is my rock when his dad is away and even more so this time! I'm so grateful to still have a man in the house here in Belize!!
Good night... Blessings to all of you that are helping and praying for our community back home! My mind is on them all so much these days as they clean up from the destruction left behind by the tornado!






Oh my better stay away from the crocs n backwoods u found
ReplyDelete