Tuesday, February 16, 2016

MBV Today...


We are feeling busy these days. I told mom on the phone last night "I feel some of that Lancaster County busy tizzy in the air!"...:) We are doing dinners out. We have reservations so we need to be ready at a certain time. Dave tells me the reservation time but most times it's only minutes before I need to be ready to go out the door! The kids are being fed here before we go out. It just seems like a better idea.

We are up late at night. We are up early in the morning. We are at the beach more. We are still doing school, grocery shopping and the housework everyday.

Despite the busier routine we are so enjoying time with friends!

We ate on the roof top at the "Rain" last evening. Just Couples. It was so relaxing and so much great fellowship took place! The sunset was perfect and the weather was just right for a rooftop dinner! These couples are great to visit with! We went around the table and all shared how and when we became saved ans how we met our spouse. It made for great conversation and we even had a few bible apps open to line up the word with our conversation... These are such great Godly couples and we look up to them a lot!



Mark Andrew, Justin, Jordan and Ashley were watching the younger children here at our house. I had chicken, potatoes, carrots, fish and veggies here in the oven for them. I made a cake yesterday and also got a quart of ice cream which is a rare treat here! They enjoyed spending the evening together.

The food on the rooftop was so amazing!! We did pictures before we ate because it was soon dark. Thanks Scott and Kathy for the great meal and thanks everyone for making this evening so enjoyable!


Jonathan and Marilyn. Dave and Jonathan cannot hide it that they are brothers and the comments we hear are fun..:)


Scott and Kathy

Eric and Cynthia



We got in late but Scott's leave today so we gathered at Jonathan's after my Little's were in bed and hung out some more.

Brittney is a young girl living here on site and she is in charge of a ministry called "Shine Ministry" It reaches out to young girls that have been rescued from sex traffic and young girls that have lived with abuse in there lives. We had her come over to Jonathan's last night to share her heart and it is a heart after the Lord for sure!

Brittney is excited that a tattoo artist comes in next week to help these troubled girls get rid or cover up the "brand" that they were given by there traffickers. She is a great person but the challenge is real for her as she fears for her safety sometimes. She is thankful to be staying here at MBV as she feels safe living here on her own.

This morning I went to the docks for our fruit and veggies. Every Tuesday morning at 6:30 you can meet the boats at the docks to buy produce. It gets sold off the docks before it goes to the markets in town. It cuts out the middle man and living here you need to find ways to buy cheaper! I can't see how some of these people can afford to live here but I'm learning.

I was told if the store has an air conditioner you don't want to buy there because you are paying for that air conditioner! The back street smaller markets sell things for much cheaper.

Tony showed me a mayo he bought for 15.75 and another exact same one for 7.75! One was from the big store and one from the back street rugged looking store! He also had one of his workers show us to a back woods fish market! Justin and I followed his worker in our cart and we would never have found this place on our own as they had no sign out and it just looked like an ordinary house! We walked in and they had three big chest coolers/freezers in the room! They had fresh fish fillets of many kinds. They had shrimp and if you wanted a specialty kind of fish you could order it here. The worker dropped us and left. I told Justin to keep track of where were so we can find it the next time. I think we could find it. I love when he shops with me! He is patient as he waits with my stuff!...:)

We got five pounds of fresh grouper and five pounds of fresh snapper (just caught that morning!)  Our cost was seventy Belize dollars. (35.US) The fillets were nice big and meaty! I got home and split them into meal size portions before freezing them. It is just as cheap if not cheaper then the chicken I have been getting from the meat market in town! We now have fish to enjoy! It is so good!

The guys flew out to Belmopan again today. Dave wanted Scott and Eric to see how the MBV buildings are constructed so they left early on a tropic air flight. Jonathan and Mark Andrew went to so it's Marilyn and I with our kids today. The Little's already did school and they went with Marilyn to the beach awhile. Jordan is doing his school and Justin is shaking this wooden structure that we live in with his "insanity workout"! He is so faithful!...:)

We have a very warm day with white puffy clouds!

Jenika was getting rocked on the hammock early this morning by Marrissa and I had to get a picture of these two hanging out soon after they woke up...:) We just hop from one porch to the next around here since we are almost connecting...:)


The General Store is taking shape...  The second floor will be office space! Dave might have his own office here after all!...:) The kitchen table works okay but when we have his clutter mixed with the school stuff and we still eat from this table an office would surely be nice!...:)



The small older garden cottages are getting attention these days! They are replacing blinds. They are restaining and adding screens. They are cleaning the units and the cleaning crew scurries from unit to unit all day long!


This place is making it's own type of noise this morning... just across the water from us...


I love that we are seeing "details"! The plants on the porch here at check in add something! They are newly placed and it will be fun to watch them fill out! The right keeping suite is check in for now and the left will be a hair and nails place. Chef Dan lives on top of the check in and the hair and nail people will live on top of the salon!... How perfect.


I got these cute little bananas at the docks this morning and hung them from the kitchen light with zip ties that Justin had for something...:) These are a fun snack and I love them hanging here...:)


Our front walkway will produce these cute bananas in the future then we can just get them outside the door for free!...:)



Jordan has an extra school project that we need to go get supplies for. I guess with all the snow delays and snow days at home we have gotten to far ahead. Ariel is getting creative so we can be on the same time schedule. School is going well and the "one on one" has been so good for Jordan! He will have a huge adjustment going back to a classroom where he has hours of school!...:}

I'm off to meet the crew at the beach and then meet the guys... They fly back in later this afternoon. We have much we want to get in yet before Jonathan's leave!

We are thinking about coming home... Our time is going so fast here and we will be packing up soon! We miss the people at home but not to much else. We will have a huge adjustment and I'm already praying for a smooth transition...:} "This lifestyle" here... It's so me!


No comments:

Post a Comment