Thursday, February 25, 2016

Belize Today... Tornado at Home!!


Here at MBV in Belize we are having a "winter day". It's a bit on the chilly side but still probably in the high sixties or low seventies. It just feels chilly compared to the days prior to this one!

 We had wind last night (that brought this cold front and it took out our power just when I was ready to blog... Dave had a phone call that he was just settling into. His connection was lost and I lost Internet so we just picked up books then...:) We finally just went to bed but it wasn't long before I scrambled back out to shut off the lights that had come on while we were sound asleep!

We said good by to the last group of our investor friends today! Dave and Lill left this morning. We enjoyed a good visit with them last night along the beach! Reuben and Marilyn left just a bit ago and we enjoyed a visit with them over breakfast this morning at Coconut Cafe. The kids so enjoyed hanging out with their kids! They learned new games and they just hit it off so well!

I will miss not having other children here on property and we are again back to just our family here...:) It's okay but I'm feeling the "home tug" now that everybody has left. It will be time I can tell.


We are thinking of those at home that were affected by the tornado that ripped through our hometown last night! The worst of the damage was only a few miles from our house, this feels like it hit really close to home!

Last night my whole family had plans to go to the Bird-in-Hand pool where mom works for a pool party! I felt like we were missing out tons but then they got undecided about going when the tornado warnings came through! They all ended up at Kath's where they hunkered down together until the worst of it was over.

It wasn't long before they heard the sirens and saw lots of blinking lights! The guys all took off leaving the woman and children at Kath's. They came across so much debris and damage dad was emotional as he shared it with me! Cows were trapped in a barn and lots of chickens lost there houses! Homes lost a roof and a school house just blew away with not even a trace of a desk anywhere! Lots of papers and stuff blew from the tree branches and trees, wires and lots more were thrown into the roadways and fence lines!

No injuries were reported so God protected for sure! The clean-up is already going full force and in a community like ours many hands and feet become those of Jesus and I'm so proud to be a part of this kind of community! I'm struck when I see the pictures and then the many helping hands already making a difference among what might look like an overwhelming job ahead!!

Here are a few pictures I got online this morning and I want to share them here for the record. We have had no tornado's this close to home as long as I can remember and plus its February and this is the most unlikely time for a tornado to hit!! The path was over four miles long and the destruction looks overwhelming!!

Join us in prayer for our neighbors today!...

I'm pretty sure this is the garden center where I get most of my garden seeds in the spring! They lost half of the house!



Add caption



I feel like I have a real classroom in my kitchen these days! The longer we are here the more the walls and table seem to be transforming into a classroom setting!

Jordan has a math project he is working on and this is the table as I type...


Ariel is doing so well with keeping the kids on the same schedule that the classrooms are on back home! This project would be more stressful for Jordan at home but it seems he is having fun with it with Ariel at his side. She gives him assignments to do as homework and he is on the laptop more these days. It has been so good for him.

Justin got a job!! We are kind of kicking ourselves that we didn't look into this sooner but Dave figured he wouldn't be able to compete with the local workers. Finally this week Justin was so ready to do something so he went to see Mr. Pete. He offered him a job as "clean up guy". He don't make as much money as he does at home but he figured out that if he works five days a week until we go home he will have enough of money to pay his dad back all that he borrowed while here in Belize and he was happy about that!...:) He came home for his hour long lunch break a bit ago and I could tell he is liking what he is doing. I'm sure he is glad it cooled off though because he is outside doing his clean up and the last days were so very warm!!

This is the property today...

Taken from the canal side shooting towards the Rum &Bean... These will be retail shops. I can't share what yet but I hope to soon!...:)

Finishing up sewer!! We are beyond ready to see these guys move out!! We are enjoying them being done going out the driveway though!!

Working on re staining the dark wood...
Tonight we have plans to attend a ministry party put off here on site by Britney and her group. If you want to check into it farther the ministry is called "On Eagle's Wings Ministries". They will be sharing there vision here tonight. It will be a catered event so we are looking forward to supper here on site yet not here in our unit..;)

The last few days were so HOT... My Little's are still enjoying the swimming so much! They spend hours entertaining each other outdoors but we are spending less and less time at the beach... Yesterday was only an hour since they were ready to call it a day early. I find it easier and easier to leave the beach earlier and earlier...:) I think it really must be time to come home!...:) I will be ready to plant garden and work in the sun again! We are letting it get a bit warmer and drier before we come back...:)

Dave leaves us for a week. He is looking forward to meeting old and making new friends on the Investor's Summit at Sea with the Real Estate Guys. He will be back here again then we leave five days later. We will miss him.

Catch up pictures from the last few days...




What will he do without this water in the back yard!?? He spends hours here using his imagination and doing his best to catch the fly by fish!..:)


Jordan and Javon are fishing at Dane's right now. Javon rides on Jordan's bike handle bars, they are now looking like they caught a hold of the local talent that this requires. Javon is relaxed there even though he is at the mercy of his brother riding the bike!...:)

Blessings to you from Belize!

No comments:

Post a Comment