Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Cozy Saturday...

The weather has sent me for a loop this week again! It has gone from the mid 90's with humidity to the 50's and chilly this week! I'm wrapped in a blanket at the moment with a long sleeve shirt and sweater and it feels so nice to be cozy...:) I would never have thought it earlier this week as I was working in the yard in the HOT afternoon sun!

It has been a week of "Eating Frogs" for me!...:) The garage and basement both got a good scrubbing and organizing! These are two areas in our home that seem to get pushed aside until it's really necessary! It's is a great feeling to have this done!

The pool is draining it's water as I type and I need to get out to put that thing away into a lug then into the attic today. It has done us well this Summer! The fish pond got a good scrubbing this week and many of the water lilies got cut back, the perennials got a good chopping, the garden got cleaned out and is waiting to be plowed up... Fall is upon us and the flower pots have turned the corner and have been stored away until next Spring. The Fall colors are bursting everywhere and it's really amazing how we really do get in the mood for this next season once the pumpkins and mums start to turn up...:)

We have our turn to do "Host Family" here tomorrow so it has been a time of preparing food this week along with all the outdoor duties. I made seventy hand pressed burgers, four batches of cookies, two cheesecakes, (our favorites from here...www.thekitchencookie.blogspot.com , go to the cheesecake section and find the caramel praline, it is a winner here!!) Also made a big bowl of pasta salad, the fruit is still waiting to be cut up. We are expecting a crowd because we have a visiting evangelist preacher (Nelson Coblentz) at church tomorrow. Come and join us and maybe we will have the privilege of hosting you for lunch...:) Nelson has a special place in our hearts! He was having revival meetings in our area years ago when we felt the calling to give our hearts to Jesus! It's been a journey of growing spiritually ever since...:)

I'm reading a book "Days of War" the Lion of War series that goes into detail about the Old Testament days of David. Dave had these two books laying around here that he was borrowing, he read them and gave them back,  then we started the Ladies Bible Study at church and the theme was on the life of David "Seeking a Heart Like His" I thought these books would be a great fit with this study so we borrowed them back...:) I take reading over blogging right now!:)

Running mostly took a break this week, until this morning, I got eight miles in from Mom's this morning.. I drove over to her house and parked there then ran in her area. After running the same area for so long I sometimes get ready for different scenery and it was fun running over there for a change... My sisters wanted to go yard sailing but I chose to run instead... They just passed me on the road as I was running and they going to their yard sale...:)

Kath called me this morning and told me her nephew Omar Lee's wife Mary Sue is in the hospital. She asked me to request prayer for her on here. She is expecting her second child and has nine weeks to go but her water broke. They want to keep her in the hospital on bed rest for three weeks to get this baby better ready for delivery. This is the same couple that had the baby boy a year ago that has a small forehead. This baby boy will so miss his mom as she lays in the hospital on bed rest and of course her bay boy "Jaden" is her biggest concern as he goes back and forth from Grandma to Grandma. Please join in prayer for this couple as they patiently wait to see what this chapter of their lives holds. God is near to them and it's very evident that they have great faith in his healing hand...


My Little's love Saturdays!! It is now a different day then the rest of the days of the week!! They play wonderfully together!! Imaginations run and they spend hours and hours playing!! It seems since Jenika is in school everyday they make really good use of the lesser amount of playtime that they have together!

We have a birthday boy in the house today!!! I'll be back later today with pictures of Jordan on his special day... The two oldest boys wanted to go to the Gospel Express ball tournament today. I dropped them off wearing sweaters! I think I'll take a cozy house over ball games today... ~shiver~ We will get used to it... It's just chilly...;) I'll go back and pick them up soon. Jordan has a birthday dinner date scheduled with his Dad for this evening...;)


Have a Happy Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment