Saturday, September 7, 2013

Half Marathon Day...

It was the best "Half Marathon" yet!! The weather could not have been more perfect for running this distance!! Sunny yet cool!

I loved every minute of it! I had no problem at all and the time actually went by quickly. I am learning as I go and I'm finding the longer I run the easier it is to read my body. I ran at a slower pace to start (like the first five to six miles)  this helped me save up energy for the end! It was great not to be so beat at mile eleven and twelve! I turned it on the last mile and was able to pass people coming down the home stretch... I loved this part!

Dave came back to meet up with me and we ran the finish together... He again, me for the first time...:) He did great to! Wish I could see him finish... He runs hard and struggles on the last few miles...
My time was 1:55 and Dave's was 1:46. I thank him for running with me! I tell him I don't like to run my everyday runs with him but this kind of training and races just would not be near as fun without him doing this with me! I love that we run together... I get goose bumps when I meet up with him at the finish! It's great! Thanks for being my running partner Hon and also my inspiration!!

Dave and I enjoyed the whole day together! We rested up some, went for sushi and ice cream before gathering the older boys. Jenika is actually still with her cousins! At the ballgame! I'm sure she will be so tired and they are probably so ready to send her our way again and we are ready to have her back! Javon just arrived home from the Mountains and he had a great time with Danny's!! Thanks guys!!

Sushi was amazing... We have a few bites left to enjoy later...:)

The time spent in training was so worth it...


If you are thinking about running.. DO IT!! Hang in there until you love it!! It really does get in your blood and the excitement of a day like today is real and makes the effort all worth it! Running truelly has changed my life and I think others need to run to!...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment