Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday...A Me Day Today...:)


This morning it feels kind of like it did back when I still lived at home and was Amish... When we took church at our house...:) Like you worked for weeks to get everything done (like cleaning out all the corners!)  before the people came and then after the gathering was all over it just felt like it was easier to breath and not feeling so guilty to have a lazier day today simply because many of the "Frogs Have been Eatin" the past weeks getting prepared:) So I'm kind of taking this Monday as a "My Day" type :) Starting it off with loving on my kids before dropping them all off at school including Javon.  (He loves school by the way!!) Then off to Ladies Bible Study... How blessed I feel today...:)!


What a great evening last evening hosting the youth party. It feels good to have this party over with and we are even already planning the next one for this week-end!!...;) We love to host people and being outdoors is always the best so we are trying to get a few more outdoor parties in before it gets to cold.  Since we had plenty of burgers left it will probably be three Sunday's in a row for this same menu!! I found youth do not eat like hungry Sunday lunch adults because I had way more food left this time around!!

We did decide yesterday afternoon to move the youth party indoors for last evening,  the basement came in very handy for this! (after we all worked together to get it cleaned up and ready!) The youth then ate in the basement, they played some volleyball outside but soon moved indoors again to play some round the table ping pong and some of them even had a crazy game of ??? something going on, a rolled up carpet for the bat and a small ball! They were having a blast tearing it up playing there made up game and the noise they made was crazy loud! It was great to see them have a blast! It is awesome to have great youth leaders and a fun youth group that makes it happen!:) Thanks for coming you all!!

Jenika did need to go to bed a few hours before the party was over but she didn't even complain one bit! It seems first grade is starting to take it's toll on her! She is so tired at the end of her days and she is so hard to wake in the morning! She has had a nasty cold and was seeming really droopy this last week! I got her swallowing pills now (and she is very proud of this!) so we are giving her immune system a boost with some vitamins. Also we are trying to get her to bed even earlier then what we thought was already early!:)

Sunday school day was different yesterday! Dave and I enjoyed our adult class so much this past year and we are now all shifted around after the revoting took place last week. It always takes awhile to get adjusted to a new class. I took a turn in the nursery yesterday, it was fun holding the babies but I kind of missed our class:/...:) Thanks to our great group in Sunday school that made our class so easy and fun to teach the past year!! We will miss you but we trust you will be a blessing to your new classes as you were to ours!...:)

Update on sister Marilyn... She has a Doctor appointment today and is seeming better. Micah was home from school today with "Hand, Foot and Mouth"!! He is currently here with Javon!!! Marilyn had her appointment and needed a place for Micah! I wanted to say NO!!! But Marilyn seemed to think once they have this disease once they don't ever get it again,  Javon did have it a few years back so we are taking her word for it!. I did tell Javon to keep his distance even still but you know how kids are!! Micah seems to have picked this up at his school. He is great entertainment for Javon so we are surely enjoying him here!

Our Ladies Bible study was so refreshing this morning and I consider it a huge blessing to gather with this great group of ladies to learn from David "A man after God's own Heart"  I'm looking forward to the homework that comes along with these studies. The books I'm reading on the life of David are also going hand in hand with this study.

Be a Blessing this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment