We have more of the same going on here this week. I thought it was going to be an outdoor week but I have yet to get there. Yesterday was the start of our Fall/Winter Ladies Bible Study and I'm so excited to to join in on this series of "Seeking A Heart Like His" by Beth Moore. Then it was grocery shopping and Chiropractor night.
I got a run in early this morning but the daylight was hardly there and I'm not sure if I'm ready for the dark mornings quite yet!!
This morning after dropping the kids off at school Javon and I headed off to pick up some more work for ourselves... Yes you guessed it... more canning!! ~sigh~ I can't seem to stop... I do enjoy this, and since I do I offered to do Kath's soup and some more for myself as well... Some of the last soup went off to Bless someone else and I have a story to go with it.. I'll share it soon...:)
This was Javon and I's day...
Fourteen gallons of tomato juice to be made into soup next week...The basement also got a good cleaning now that Justin has moved out, it feels good to have it cleaned and back in order again...:)My vac is now full of small soft air gun bullets!!! They had soft air wars down there over the time Justin slept in the basement I think!! Bullets everywhere!! I just swept them up!! If you need some bullets for your guns guys better check the vac before you spend money for more, I'm sure you will find plenty!!!:)
I'm so thankful for my perfect spot for this canning mess today! I just did it on the basement porch where we were out of the sun, when I was done slopping I just washed it all down with the water hose...:) How simple is that?? My back and legs are not impressed that I was on the concrete most of the day but I'm feeling blessed...:)
Miracle soup story....
I was canning the last batch of soup on my cookers to seal it last week, I had a really big caner full (14 quarts) that needed about a half hour yet, I figured I'd do some blogging until it was time to get it off the cooker, but time got away from me and we soon went off to bed! I forgot all about the caner still cooking fourteen quarts of soup on the basement porch!!
The next morning after dropping the kids off at school I came back to put another batch over that was waiting in the fridge to be sealed... I go out to the porch and immediately smell propane gas!! Strong!! (The gas tank on the cooker had just been filled the day before) I then remembered that I had forgotten the soup!! The gas was still coming out of the cooker but the flame had been blown out!! The water was still plenty and warm to the touch, all the jars were perfectly sealed in there!!! Mind you I was using this cooker all day, it never blew out!! It was totally surrounded by walls so it was out of the wind, if there even was any!! God did not want this soup to be ruined! I believe because this soup was going to bless someone else he didn't let the flame on a minute longer then it's scheduled time!!
I was totally blown away with his awesomeness that morning!!
Anyway someone now has "Miracle Soup"...:)
These two Little's miss playtime together and they love to catch up at the end of her school days...
They do everything together from the moment she gets home until they get to bed!! Jenika is so into school though, I hear more school stories from her then I ever did from her school aged brothers~!
Sometimes the boys have to tell her to stop talking so they can talk to me to!! Sometimes they are all talking at once!! My head sometimes does spins on me!! I do love it though and the school stories are always fun to hear!!
She is a riot!! I told her I do not want this ugly dinosaur on the picture but she was teasing me and I got a shot I love... ;) I love her fun personality!! She adds so much life to my life!!
Have a blessed day... Maybe we will get outdoors tomorrow??!!



No comments:
Post a Comment