Another day of soup!! We did the last of our seasonal canning today until the meat comes in. It was a fun day with Javon and I in the kitchen most of the afternoon.
He loves to help out where ever I let him....:) I love his company and he loves when I sing him new songs as we work... He will often ask me to teach him a new song. Today the one he was asking for over and over again was the "Little Black Sheep"...:)
We chopped and sauteed the vegetables all separately, let everything cool down on the porch before we dumped it all together... We had garlic and onions, asparagus, squash, mushrooms, carrots and beans cooling on the porch along with the hamburger...
We put it all together and also added some whole wheat spaghetti noodles from Wegman's that I put in really small pieces. We dumped in lots of garlicky seasonings and I think this will be a great tasting soup!! It made 35 quarts. it is now cooking on the caners and then it will pretty much complete my canning shelves for this season... Meat will be next but that is not for a few weeks yet and also depends on the number of deer that my guys get...:) For now we will take a break for awhile.
I'm off to get the kids an after school snack...
Jordan forgot something the last two days at school and needed to walk back to school as soon as he got home! How will he ever learn to remember if I just get in the car and go after his forgotten homework or lunch?? He is also into another annoying habit right now... He takes his jeans off after school and gets into shorts immediately! (still a Summer guy) They are ALWAYS inside out or all rolled into a big lump of some kind! This is how he puts them into the laundry basket! I refuse to fix them and I gave him a few warnings and threats before finally just throwing them into the laundry closet as they are "unwashed"! Eventually he will run out and wonder where his jeans are getting to!?? Any other ideas here?? The socks already get washed as they are! If they are inside out, that is how they go back onto there laundry pile. This has gotten better but now its the pants... ~sigh~ Training Training... I keep reminding myself this is a time of training...:) They all do great at putting away there own laundry pile though, and this is very helpful!
The dollar in a jar thing is really working great to!! Jenika only had four dollars left after the first month so she is on hold with it for now but the older boys have gotten serious with keeping things neat and tidy in their rooms! I do take a dollar every once in a while and I always take one on the day that I clean there rooms, or when I wash the bed stuff and remake the bed, but most days I only peek into their rooms to inspect and it has been great!!
I love tips from others! Reading is learning for me...





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment