Thursday, September 19, 2013

God's Been On Time, Every Time For Me...

Today was antibody day... We prayed a bit harder for this shipment... Jordan has received another infusion today, we are so thankful that this medication made it here in time for today. We had to pay 3,200. for his medication this month! We are hoping to get reimbursed from the insurance company when Jordan's conversion plan processes. We know this helps him and we knew it was costly, but oh my, it's not the greatest feeling to be so dependent on something so costly!


Jordan's allergies have seriously kicked in again! It must be the rag weed that seems to affect so many this time of the year,  we are back to pasty eyes in the morning, drops twice a day,  I feel so bad for him with his runny nose and watery red eyes! He also seemed really pale and light headed with a headache after his infusion today. Sometimes his infusions go better then others but the nurse stayed a few extra minutes today just to make sure he will be OK. She kept taking his blood pressure as he sat on the chair sweating and looking as if he was about to pass out. Makes me wonder how his body can really handle not making antibodies all month and then all of the sudden this overload of them at once??! No doubt I would get dizzy to! We continue to pray for healing!

It is a week much like lasts... We have plans to have our youth group here this week-end and although I don't feel near as busy as last week it still takes preparation. This week is more of just going over things and preparing more food! I'm making it easy and doing the same menu as last week-end. The yard will need a going over tomorrow but I don't have the extras like last week. The garden got plowed and we now have rye seeds planted for weed cover for the winter months. A great feeling yet it was such a great and fun growing Summer!

Rachel Ann was here this morning instead of tomorrow so we had a bit of time in the kitchen and we let the main floor cleaning for me to do tomorrow. She made four batches of cookies! I have been baking them most of the day!!! I now have two cheesecakes baking in the oven, I made 88 big juicy burgers!! A big bowl of pasta salad is made and we did the grocery shopping for the week-end party. 

I got in a six mile run early this morning. I'm still able to squeeze it in if I leave early enough. I don't like to run in the dark yet if I want to go a six I need to leave when it's just breaking day to make it back in time to get the kids up for school. Once the time changes I will need to shift to afternoons but this is usually a hard adjustment for me because I run so much better in the morning! This morning I had the full moon on one side of me and the breaking sun on the other! The valleys were foggy and the high points of my run were breathtaking!! I find it so easy to see and feel our AMAZING God right in our midst on mornings like this morning!

We are enjoying our first of the season pumpkin pies! I made a batch of bread, granola bars and a few pumpkin pies the other day. It just feels more like Fall with the pumpkin now on the taste buds...:) This is also why I needed a good run this morning...:/ We are not even fit to have these pies here so I make it a treat and it will take a break for a bit...:) We like pumpkin in pies and whoopee pies but the breads, cheesecakes and other desserts just don't do it for us like the pies do.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A prayer request for my sister Marilyn...

Marilyn has been wanting another baby for some time now. Micah will be five soon and their desire is to have another baby in the Glick family. She has had a tubal pregnancy and a miscarriage since Micah. She was so excited to be expecting again!

She was planning to tell the family on the camping trip we just did, but the day we went out shopping (the other week) she all of the sudden said we need to stop at this Turkey Hill up ahead!! Like now!! We were all like... OK??  She goes a running in leaving us in the car with our thoughts... we could tell she was having a morning sickness fit... so she had to come back out and tell us on the spot...:) Poor girl!!

Anyway she thought things were doing well this time and she was thinking she was about ten weeks along. She started wasting on Tuesday and made an appointment for an ultrasound the next day. It showed something but the Doctor and some nurses were having a hard time reading it?? They said it might be six weeks along but they could find no life?? Marilyn did some blood work and is now waiting those results as she rests. She has not passed anything more yet and so she is not even sure where things will go from here...?  Join us in prayer as she again goes through this uncertain time and is again thinking that she has possibly lost another precious baby that they so badly longed for.

We prayed for a baby for you Marilyn! We are still praying God will give direction from here and that he will grant you patience during this time of testing.

I had to think a few times on our Bible Study last week... The part where God gave the Israelites a King because they "Asked for it" and then once they had King Saul they didn't know how to deal with him. How many times do we ask for a blessing and then once we have that blessing we don't know how to deal with it?  God sees the bigger picture and as hard as it is in these times we must trust he is doing what is best for us in the end.

We so want a baby for you Marilyn, may you have a peace that God in his perfect timing will grant you that blessing if it is his will... We love you and your family, we will continue to pray for you as you go through this time of uncertainty.

You might like these...





God's been... On time, Every time, for you Marilyn and he knows your heart... Love You...
Have a Blessed evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment