As we got in the van for the five minute trip to preschool he started to look sad and I thought 'Oh No" here we go... He will not stay there..:/ I had him look me in the eyes when we reached the parking lot. As his lip was out I told him I would never leave him here! I will always be back for you when school is over for the day! If I cannot be there for some reason then Rachel Ann will get him! I told him to remember all the fun that Jen had in school! He does still remember when we dropped her off and picked her up each day the year she was going to preschool and I think this helped more then anything! He soon seemed brave enough and I walked him to his classroom. He clung to my arm at first and I stayed with him for a bit. We just watched the other children exploring the classroom. He found a chair and he was still sitting there when I left him... Just watching the other kids play.
I was not sure what I was going to find when I went back for him! I prayed a prayer for him as I was leaving the parking lot. I was busy getting lunch prepared for Jordan's class this morning so my three hours alone went by quickly today. I dropped the lunch at school in Jordan's classroom then I went to pick him up at preschool... He was all smiles when he met up with me... he loved every minute of it! I was so happy to hear that he can't wait to go back! We then went back to Jordan's classroom where he had lunch with Jordan. It has been a great first day of school for my preschooler!!
I love you Javon!!!
You will love preschool... We have some fun preschool activities and field trips coming up... He is delighted that I will go with him on his field trips... The first one is going to pumpkin farm and having a hay ride to a field where he gets to pick his own pumpkin!... He can't wait and I love that I can focus on him only without having to find a sitter for the rest of the kids...:) When Jenika went to preschool he was staying with Rachel Ann when I did these trips with her. Now his time has come and so quickly to!...:)
How do we prepare or children for school??? To respect teachers and love and be kind to classmates?? It takes much teaching in the home at a young age to properly prepare them for school. Sometimes I find this a heavy responsibility! I know nobody is perfect yet we all want to do it right!...
Teaching them about Jesus and the Bible is a very important step of the teaching in the home... Teaching them to love and respect siblings helps them better to love and respect there teacher and the friends that they make in school. I have learned to never side with them when they come home with a problem! These teachers have a hard enough time teaching a big class of students, the last thing they need is to feel ganged up on by the parents! I feel very blessed that we have a great school and wonderful PATIENT teachers!
I was at school with lunch today and the short time that I was there my ears were seriously ringing!! This class is so loud!! The teacher is new this year and it seemed to me the students are taking advantage of his first year. He seemed to laugh it off as he kept trying to hush them! He finally made them all put down there spoons and run around the school house! I can tell he needed a fresh breath!
I will pray harder for you Mr. King as you discover ways to deal with this energetic class of students!
God Bless the teachers!! But the teaching must start in our homes!!
I LOVE THIS... Loving and accepting our children, loving and showing love to our spouse, being a true example and walking our talk goes a mighty long way in the home...
Have a blessed day... Let's us strive to be good teachers in our homes so our school teachers don't need to work so hard...:)





No comments:
Post a Comment